Yes please. Does this not look like the perfect dinner? It’s super simple to throw together and tastes divine. Not intentionally I’ve been discovering quite a few vegetarian meals. Surprisingly I haven’t even missed the meat in them. This is no different. It’s absolutely amazing on its own. Quite frankly I love any excuse to fire up the grill. The grill just adds that special touch to foods that you can’t get any other way. I’ve also learned that I’m a HUGE fan of fresh basil. Definitely adding that to the garden this year for sure. All of these flavors meld so well together, you will love it!
Stuffed Grilled Peppers
- Preheat grill on high setting. In a large pan heat coconut oil until hot.
- On medium-high heat saute garlic and onions until translucent; about 5 minutes. Add rice, tomatoes, Romano cheese, and basil.
- Stir occasionally until heated through; about 5-7 minutes. Wash each pepper and cut in half, removing seeds and veins. Stuff each pepper evenly with rice filling and top with fresh mozzarella*.
- Grill on medium heat about 10 minutes.
- [My 2 Cents]
- *You can stir in the fresh mozarella with the rice filling as you stuff each pepper instead of topping each stuffed pepper. I tried it both ways and probably prefer it mixed together - it gets more melty gooey cheesy that way.