I was lucky enough to have this salad a handful of months ago. A friend that I work with brought this to our super bowl party potluck at work. Everyone RAVED about it and it was gone almost first thing. You know when you don’t have to take leftovers home from a potluck it’s gotta be a good recipe. I LOVE when that happens. The other sign of a good dish is when people ask for the recipe – and that I did. I immediately asked Jaimey if she wouldn’t mind sharing this delicious salad recipe with me and I’m so glad that she did! I’m even more happy that I get to share it with you. I have the salad for you here, but you’ll find the dressing recipe over on the Blentec Blog. Be sure to head over for the Poppy Seed Vinaigrette (which essentially is what makes this salad so good). Then, once you are equipped with both recipes you can have this at your next party or get together. Don’t plan on any leftovers. There won’t be any!
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. sliced mushrooms
- 4 c. baby spinach
- 3/4 lb. grated swiss cheese
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked & crumbled
- Soak onions and mushrooms in dressing for several hours or overnight. Assemble salad by topping spinach with onions, mushrooms, swiss cheese and bacon. Serve with additional dressing if desired.
- Dressing recipe can be found here:http://www.blendtec.com/blog/poppy-seed-vinaigrette/