Recently a friend shared with me this wonderful vegetarian pasta dish. I’m not a picky person and love all kinds of food, so it doesn’t take much for me to fall in love. One bite in and I immediately knew “this is going on TriedandTasty immediately.” That was a week ago. I bought the ingredients a couple of days later, and here I am sharing now with you. This is so delicious. It’s amazing that a meal could be so wonderful without meat. It is filling, it is healthy, and it is most importantly delicious. You have to, have to, try this. I can almost put money on the fact that you will fall in love just as I have!
- Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- While pot comes to a boil, cut zucchini 'shoestring' style. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare sauce. In a blender blend together tomato sauce, EVOO, basil and parsley. Blend well. In a small saucepan, keep warm. Heat 1/4 c.
- EVOO in small skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is piping hot, saute garlic, zucchini, red pepper flakes, basil and parsley, in this order, spaced one minute apart when adding. Do not overcook.
- Combine warm pasta, zucchini mixture, and 1/4 c. parmesan. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with warm sauce. Top with remaining 1/4 c. parmesan cheese.
- [My 2 Cents]
- Fresh basil doesn't last that long in the fridge. I recommend you buy the ingredients within a day or two of knowing when you want to make this!