This sponsored post is written by me on behalf of Flatout Flatbreads. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Tried and Tasty possible, as always, all opinions are my own.
How delicious do these Shrimp Taco Cups look? Made in a jumbo muffin pan, they are a hearty meal that you are sure to love. I decided to switch things up and use Flatout Flatbread MultiGrain with Flax Flatbread for my taco cups. It’s SO easy to make your own ‘taco shells’ so why not make them healthier? From a shrimp lover like myself, this is my ideal way to have a Mexican Fiesta! The Shrimp Ceviche topping is the icing on top. A fun twist on just your regular shrimp taco. I also decided to grill the shrimp for amped up flavor – together they married beautifully!
Have you ever tried the Flatout Flatbread? The MultiGrain variety is only 100 Calories, they are 100% Whole Wheat, high in fiber, pack 9g of protein AND have half the calories, and half the carbs of 2 slices of 100% Whole Wheat Bread. Basically they are awesome! So how do they taste? Just as good as they sound! The perfect base for these Shrimp Taco Cups and can be transformed from wraps to cups in 10 minutes!
Shrimp Taco Cups
- 3 Flatout Flatbread MultiGrain with Flax Wraps
- 2 c. classic coleslaw mix
- Shrimp Ceviche
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350. Cut each Flatbread MultiGrain with Flax Wraps in half. Place one half in the bottom of a jumbo muffin cup, shaping sides to fit cup. Bake for 10 minutes and cool. To make the marinade To make the marinade, place jalapeño, lime juice, olive oil, chili powder, salt, lime zest, cilantro and honey in jar of a blender. Puree until completely blended. Place shrimp in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour in marinade and toss to combine. Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. Grill shrimp over high heat until just cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side. Fill each baked Flatout Flatbread cup with 1/2 c. coleslaw mix, handful of grilled shrimp and 1-2 tbsp. shrimp ceviche. In a small bowl mix together sour cream and chipotle seasoning. Spoon or pipe sour cream mix overtop taco cup. Enjoy!
- Shrimp Ceviche recipe can be found here: http://triedandtasty.com/shrimp-ceviche/