I’m sharing #SausageFamily in my life as part of a Johnsonville sponsored series for Socialstars™
Did you know that August August 16th is National Bratwurst Day? Another fantastic food holiday worth celebrating. Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE brats. Love, love, LOVE them! I think it may stem from my childhood and living in Germany for 4 years (military kid). For as long as I can remember I’ve always loved them. In fact, I’ve been sharing some recipes with you recently. Have you seen my Southwestern Brats or Breakfast Brats? Both are great recipes that aren’t the traditional meat ‘n sauerkraut (which don’t get me wrong, is quite delicious as well). When I heard that there was a food holiday devoted to one of my favs I couldn’t have been more excited.
If you’re celebrating ‘Bratsgiving’, be sure to share with Johnsonville! Just visit www.johnsonville.com/bratsgiving and enter who you’d most like to spend Bratsgiving with and why, for a chance to win a Bratsgiving holiday bundle of fun! Hurry! Contest entries due by Aug. 12. I know I’d love to spend it with family. We don’t see them nearly enough and anytime we get together around food is always a good time!
Roasted Brats & Veggies
- 1 pkg. Johnsonville Cheddar Cheese & Bacon Sausage Brats
- 2 large sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 med. onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400. On a baking sheet, arrange veggies and brats. Roast for 50-60 minutes turning frequently, until veggies are tenter and browned.