In recent years they’ve discontinued the chocolate graham crackers! When I learned that last year I was so bummed and have had a really hard time finding a good substitute for this recipe. This year I saw the chocolate teddy grahams and thought they’d do nicely. Well, they were OK but nothing like the original chocolate graham crackers. If you find something that substitutes well let me know! I think next year I’m going to try Oreo cookie crumbs and see how well that does.
Peanutty Gooey Bars
- 2 c. chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 pkg. Nestle Toll House peanut butter and chocolate chips, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. coarsely chopped peanuts
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar; press into bottom of an ungreased 9x13 baking pan. Microwave 1 c. morsels, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in a medium microwave safe bowl on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10-20 second intervals, stirring until smooth. Pour evenly over crust. Top with nuts and remaining morsels. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut bars.