Since changing what I eat at the beginning of the year, and actually even more so over the past year’ish avoiding sweets I haven’t posted many sweet treats. This will be a rare posting from now on. We are trying to eliminate refined sugars from our diets. In fact, I’d say we’ve all but eliminated them. BUT.. I know that not everyone has the same views about food that I have recently come to adapt. So for one of my best friends birthdays last month I decided to make her favorite treat. I looked to Pinterest which I knew would pull through for me and I stumbled upon what ended up being THE BEST mini cheesecake recipe. Hands down. This recipe was so good it didn’t need any sort of adapting. I had to have a bite of course to make sure it was Tried and Tasty approved. It passed.
- Line 20 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Melt butter and add to graham cracker mixture. Spoon a rounded tablespoon into prepared muffin pan, press firmly.
- Beat softened cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add sour cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla until well blended. Spoon 1/4 cup filling onto graham cracker crust. Bake at 325 degrees 15-20 minutes. Until tops are set.
- Increase oven to 400 degrees. Make glaze. Mix together sour cream, sugar, grated lemon, and vanilla. Once oven heats to 400 degrees top the cheese cakes with 1 tablespoon of glaze. Bake 5 minutes. Cool on the counter 1 hour.
- Leave cheese cakes in muffin cups and cool completely in refrigerator. Top with your favorite fruit pie filling.
Love mini desserts? Here are a couple more to try!