Hellllooooooo gorgeous! I am in absolute LOVE with this beautiful chickpea salad! It’s so fresh and SO pretty. Not only that it’s packed with all-kinds-of Mediterranean flavor. This is an excellent salad to throw together with so many garden veggies like cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and red onion. Chop, slice and dice up everything, blend together your dressing (I used Clover Farms Cottage Cheese, because quite frankly it’s the best), and toss to coat. I had some whole wheat pitas handy so I made quick pita chips by brushing my pitas with olive oil and sprinkling with seas salt then baking at 350 until crisp. They were the perfect match to this salad.
Do you like Mediterranean? I’ve shared my Mediterranean Salad with A Creamy Feta Dressing and Skinny Greek Dip (both of which are fantastic). I’m excited to add this salad to the list. Add this next time you’re having gyros or kebabs. The best part is leftovers refrigerate really well!
Items used in this post:
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- 1 small shallot, peeled
- 3/4 c. Clover Farms Organic Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. white-wine vinegar
- 1/3 c. whole milk
- 1/2 tbsp. dill
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. chickpeas, rinsed
- 3 c. cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 c. halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 c. diced red onion
- 1/2 c. Creamy Dill Ranch Dressing
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- To prepare dressing: In a high speed blender or food processor, add shallot, cottage cheese, mayonnaise, and vinegar. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary, about 3 minutes. Pour in milk. Scrape down the sides. Add dill, salt and pepper and process until combined. Makes 1 1/4 cups. To prepare salad: Combine chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, cheese and onion in a medium bowl. Add dressing and pepper and toss to coat.
- Extra dressing can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.