Yesterday I shared with you how to make the Gluten Free Cookie Dough Bites in preparation for today’s post. Happy National Chocolate Chip Day! I haven’t been to Dairy Queen in ages, and I’ve really been wanting a thick and delicious milkshake lately. So I decided that I’d ‘healthy’ it up a bit so that I don’t have to feel guilty having a tasty treat. It starts with the cookie dough, throw in a couple scoops of ice cream, a few ice cubes, a splash of milk and away you go! I used the Rice Dream Organic Frozen Dessert which happens to be dairy free, and almond milk, so if you make the recipe exactly as I have you have a gluten free AND dairy free dessert!
Gluten Free Cookie Dough Blizzard
- 3-4 Gluten Free Cookie Dough Bites
- 2 scoops Organic Rice Dream Vanilla Frozen Dessert
- 1/4 c. milk of choice
- Ice, as needed for desired consistency
- In a large bowl, melt the coconut oil. Whisk in the milk, coconut sugar, maple syrup and vanilla until well combined. Add the flours and salt. Taste and adjust sweet if needed, or add more flour or oil for the soft sticky, but not too sticky dough. Be careful not add too much flour, they dry out as they chill. Fold in the carob or chocolate chips and mix. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop onto a parchment sheet. Refrigerate until set.
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until thick milkshake consistency.
- Obviously, the nutrition calculator is not familiar with my ingredients - so you will have to calculate this one with the ice cream you choose - but for the cookie dough bites, they are 153 calories each.
And for your browsing pleasure, I’ve included some more of my favorite chocolate chip treats from Tried and Tasty:
But wait! There’s more! Check out my friends that also have wonderful chocolate chip recipes for you to help celebrate!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes // Cupcake Diaries
Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies // Butter With A Side Of Bread
Vanishing Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies // Real Mom Kitchen
Chocolate Chip Bagels // Ashlee Marie
Light Berry Dark Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars // Happy Food Healthy Life
Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake // Kreations By Kara
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream // Like Mother Like Daughter