Creamy White Chili = heavenly! At one of my bridal showers thrown by one of my best friends Kaleena and her mom Sandra they had all the guests give me a recipe card of their favorite recipes to put into a cute little recipe book. Such a fun idea! This was one of the recipes. This chili is fabulous!!! It’s a nice change to traditional chili, has great flavor, and pretty simple to make. I’ve made this over and over and anyone who has tried it falls in love at first bite!
Creamy White Chili
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1/2 in. cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cans small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 oz.) chicken broth
- 2 cans (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
- 1 tsp. each: salt, ground cumin, and dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Big pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. whipping cream
- In a large pan, saute chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, broth, chilies & seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Serve immediately.
- [My 2 Cents]
- The "pinch" of cayenne will determine the spice level of the chili. I, personally do not enjoy really spicy foods therefore I tend to add a "small" pinch, it's entirely up to you. The perfect amount for me is a little less than 1/4 tsp. Also, be sure to simmer for the 30 minutes, if you don't it will be really runny and very thin.