A couple of weeks ago I put together a Mexican fiesta of sorts. I’d been really wanting some Cafe Rio and rather than going out to get it, I decided to make it all from scratch.. because that’s easier than jumping in the car right? We had the works and it was DELICIOUS! If you have never had Cafe Rio’s soup, you HAVE to try my Copycat Cafe Rio Tortilla Soup recipe. It’s AMAZING! So flavorful and so delicious. We also had Copycat Cafe Rio Chicken, Copycat Cafe Rio Guacamole and Pico De Gallo It was an all out Mexican feast including my Copycat Cafe Rio Sweet Pork, Copycat Cafe Rio Cilantro Lime Rice and of course my Copycat Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing! I wish I could have invited you all because it was so tasty I thought for sure I was at the restaurant. Plus I had lots of leftovers (which I never have when I eat there sadly!). With all the key components, it only made sense to have salads at some point too right?
If you’re a local, I’ll be teaching a class at the Pinners Conference on ‘Copycat Favorites’. If you’re free Friday November 7th @ 1:30 come to my class at the South Towne Expo Center and taste a couple of yummy recipes from your favorite restaurants that you can make right at home! Register here & use the code ‘triedandtasty’ for $5 off! Not only would it be great to grub together, I’d love to meet you! Hope to see you there!
Copycat Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad
- 6 flour tortillas
- Copycat Cafe Rio Cilantro Lime Rice*
- 1 (15 oz.) can black or pinto beans, of choice
- Copycat Cafe Rio Sweet Pork*
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 c. shredded lettuce
- Copycat Cafe Rio Guacamole*
- Pico de Gallo
- Copycat Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing*
- Baked (or fried) tortilla strips
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, place a warm tortilla (if you want to be really authentic, you can melt a tbsp. of cheddar cheese on top of your tortilla before layering with your toppings). Top with rice, beans, meat, and cheese. Place under a broiler to melt cheese (approx. three minutes). Top with lettuce, guacamole, and pico de gallo. Finish off with a small handful of tortilla strips and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Serve with your tomatillo dressing.
- These are also wonderful made with my Copycat Cafe Rio Chicken!
Want to see my other Cafe Rio Copycat recipes? Check them out here: