It’s my birthday! We’re gonna party like it’s my birthday! Today calls for a special treat. I wanted to share something extra delicious on this extra special day…. my 30th birthday!!! Those that are closest to me know that I LOVE my birthday. July 15th is pretty much the best day of the year. Hee hee. So. I thought I’d share a healthy treat that you are sure to enjoy (if you love coconut that is). A few months ago my friend introduced me to Banana Coconut Snackaroons. One bite and I immediately fell in love. I also appreciated the ingredients and was thoroughly impressed that they weren’t loaded down with lots of sugar. Within the week I made a special trip down to Whole Foods to pick up a bag for myself. The only downside was the price tag. These babies will run you $9.99 a BAG for appox 13 snackaroons. Yowsa. I recently visited Whole Foods a couple of weeks ago and tried a new brand that was on sale for $6.99 a bag: Wonderfully Raw Coco-Roons. They were delightful! I bought the Vanilla Maple and the Lemon. Both were DELISH! I decided it was going to get expensive buying them, so I found the recipe and made them! They are SO yummy!!! Try them out and let me know what you think. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 c. almond flour
- 1 1/2 c. dried shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 c. coconut flour
- 2 big pinches of salt
- 6 tbsp. Grade B maple syrup (or honey, or agave)
- 4 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 c. + 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- Mix together dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl: almond flour, shredded coconut, coconut flour, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine the maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla, and lemon zest. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Once combined, while your mixer is on, slowly pour in the melted coconut oil (the thickener). Batter will thicken fairly quickly. Use a 1" cookie scoop to form in to balls.
- Place on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for at least an hour.