This sponsored post is written by me on behalf of Sweet Home Farm. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Tried and Tasty possible, as always, all opinions are my own.
Happy Valentine’s Day friends!! What are you doing to celebrate today? I’ll tell you what I’m doing. That’s enjoying these Chocolate Covered Strawberry Banana Muffins. They are simply fantastic and I’m not even ashamed to tell you that. I’m always looking for a good streusel or topping on top of my muffins. I love what I did with my Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins and really love what I did with my Carrot Oat Muffins With A Sweet Crunchy Streusel. I must say however, that what I did with these beautiful strawberry muffins is probably my favorite thus far. Have you ever had Sweet Home Farm granola? O-to the-M-to the-GOODNESS! If you’ve never thought of topping a muffin with granola let me help change your mind.
Lets talk for a minute about how amazing Sweet Home Farm is. Their delicious granola is made with only the finest whole grains, fruits, nuts, and simple sweeteners… woohoo!! Best of all, their ingredients are grown and made without GMOs, and never have artificial colors. You KNOW how I feel about all that. Honestly, they are so good you won’t want to limit them to just breakfast! Their flavors include Maple Pecan (I love all things maple), Cinnamon Raisin, Honey Nut (perfect on anything), French Vanilla, and Vanilla Cocoa (that I used for this recipe). The Vanilla Cocoa seriously couldn’t have been paired better. The bits of cocoa granola are so mouth watering delicious you HAVE to try it. The granola is the perfect crunchy topping for the sweet muffin – and the chocolate drizzle is the ‘icing on the cake’. Celebrate your special day with these delicious bites. I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Banana Muffins
- ⅓ c. melted coconut oil
- ½ c. honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- ¼ c. milk
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1¾ c. white whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 1 c. fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 c. Sweet Home Farm Vanilla Cocoa Granola
- 1/2 c. melted chocolate for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a muffin pan with 15 liners. In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk. Add the baking soda, vanilla, and salt, and whisk to blend. Lastly, switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour, just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour the batter into your muffin pan and sprinkle with Sweet Home Farm Vanilla Cocoa Granola and diced strawberries. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool slightly, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool. Drizzle each muffin with melted chocolate.