Want a great idea for an appetizer? Do you have a party coming up and you don’t know what to serve? These Chicken Artichoke Cups would be a really good idea. I’m sure you know this by now, but If there’s one thing you should know about me, it’s that I LOVE bacon. And cheese. And chicken. And artichoke. And heck lets throw spinach in there too. Doesn’t everybody? So pretty much whoever wrote this recipe I felt had me in mind when making it. All the flavors I love packaged in the most adorable little cup. Great for portion control… unless you’re like me and just want to devour half the pan. No? Just me? OK. Moving right along. What I love about Rhodes recipes is their versatility. You can make SO many different things with them your options are nearly endless.
Chicken Artichoke Cups
- 6 Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 6 strips bacon, cooked, crumbled and divided
- 7.5 ounce jar quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh, chopped spinach
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp white cheddar or asiago cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Cut each roll in half and flatten each half into a 5 inch circle. Carefully place a dough circle into a sprayed muffin tin to cover the bottom and sides. Repeat to fill a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise. Add chicken and mix well. Add remaining ingredients except half of the bacon and mix well. Divide filling evenly between the 12 dough filled cups. Bake at 350°F 12-15 minutes or until dough edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and garnish with remaining bacon.