For those that aren’t able to attend the 3rd Annual IKEA BYOF Event, as promised, here is the recipe I will be making at my demo! When narrowing down the endless possibilities of various recipes I could share, this one jumped out at me. I needed some way to incorporate those AMAZING IKEA chocolate bars? Have you had one? Be sure and enter my giveaway – included in the prize pack are two of these candy bars! Otherwise, next time you are in IKEA grab a few of these. You won’t regret it!
The first time I had this apple salad was years ago at a get together with friends. Instead of chocolate bars it was made with Snickers candy bars (which is the popular recipe that you see most often). The thing that I remember the most from all those years ago is throughout the evening this recipe was being referred to as ‘party in your mouth’. It’s exactly that! When generally you would think putting these things together (candy bar caramel apple salad?) would just not work, this totally does! It’s great for a large gathering, potluck, or I suppose any time you want it really. Whether you make this with IKEA chocolate bars, Snickers, or any other candy bar, I know you’ll love it!
Candy Bar Caramel Apple Salad
- 1 1/2 - 2 IKEA Milk Chocolate Hazelnut Bars, reserve 1/2 bar for garnishment
- 3 medium (or 2 large) apples
- 1/4 c. nut topping (chopped peanuts)
- 1 (5.1 oz.) package Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16 oz.) tub cool whip thawed to room temp
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Whisk vanilla pudding packet and milk together until well combined. Fold in cool whip; making sure it is evenly incorporated. Chop up apples and candy bars into bite size pieces. Stir chopped apples, candy bar pieces, and nut topping into pudding mixture. Place in a large bowl and drizzle with caramel ice cream topping. Garnish with chocolate shavings. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving (preferably).
- To keep my apples from browning, I tossed them with lemon juice before adding to the pudding mixture.