I’m sharing #SausageFamily in my life as part of a Johnsonville sponsored series for Socialstars™
It’s no secret I’m a breakfast-a-holic. Right? What you may not know is that I don’t just eat breakfast foods in the morning, I love them all throughout the day. Including for lunch and especially for dinner! The other day I no joke ran out of propane for our grill (since I’ve been grilling so much) but I was really craving some grilled food. I decided to whip out my Jonhsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill and made a batch of brats. PERFECT!!! Not only is it a super easy to handle machine, it was nice knowing that each of the brats were perfectly cooked at the sound of the beep. no fussing with meat thermometers or slicing it open to see if it were still red inside. It was perfect!
Because I love breakfast so much I decided I’d put a spin on my brats and make a breakfast variety. The end result – exactly what I was looking for! You’ve got your brat, your potatoes, some cheese, eggs and the bun becomes your ‘toast’. Could it be any more perfect than that? It’s brilliant! It’s everything you want in a hand held breakfast! I decided to give the Cheddar Cheese & Bacon brats a try for the first time. Two thumbs up – and worked perfectly with the theme I was going for. So tell me. Would you try these?
- 1 pkg. Johnsonville Cheddar Cheese & Bacon Sausage Brats
- 5 hot dog buns
- 5 eggs
- 1 med. red potato, finely cubed
- 4 slices Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. sliced scallions (optional)
- Using your Johnsonville Sizzling Susage Grill, grill Cheddar Cheese & Bacon Sausage Brats until completely cooked. Meanwhile on a griddle, grill hot dog buns until golden brown. Fry cubed potatoes and Canadian bacon until crispy. On the same griddle cook eggs sunny side up. When brats are done add a brat to each bun and top with cheese, potatoes, Canadian bacon and eggs. Sprinkle with scallions. Enjoy!