I love tortilla cups! If you haven’t noticed, it all started with these Tortilla Cups, then I created the Pumpkin Mousse Tortilla Cups, that lead to the Andes Mint Tortilla Cups and then Andes Peppermint Crunch Tortilla Cups. I love them!! Last year around the 4th of July I made them and forgot to take pictures… so I was knew I wanted to make them again this year! You could if you want, drizzle red or blue melted candy melt over them for an extra fun touch, but I opted not to this time around. I’ve been loving my Bosch for whipping up fresh whipped cream. For a minute there I had fresh whipped cream coming out of my ears.
You’ll find the fresh whipped cream in my Red White & Blue Strawberry Blueberry Dessert Parfaits, Red White & Blue Cherry Blueberry Shortcakes and Red White & Blue Strawberry Blueberry Sugar Cookie Cups with Coconut Cream Cheese Filling! All of them are fantastic for your holiday get together or BBQ! I can tell you from experience these little babies are a crowd pleaser! Everyone will be impressed, and I can guarantee you won’t have any leftovers!
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 c. whipped topping or fresh whipped cream
- 1 pkg. strawberries, washed, halved
- 1 c. blueberries, washed
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Coat one side of each tortilla with nonstick cooking spray; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Turn tortillas over; repeat on the other side. Cut each tortilla into four wedges. For each dessert cup, place round edge of one tortilla wedge in the bottom of a muffin cup, shaping sides to fit cup. Place a second tortilla wedge in muffin cup allowing bottom and sides to overlap. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. Cool completely in pan. Meanwhile for filling, beat cream cheese in a mixing bowl until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully remove cups from pan. Pipe or spoon about 3 tbsp. of filling into each cup. Top with a a strawberry and a couple of blueberries. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.